Town Hall / Roundhouse Meeting of owners
August 13, 2016 9 am – 12 pm
The Board of Directors cancelled the August 13 meeting.
Owners that scheduled their time to attend meeting, instead gathered at park and discussed the following:
1) Ranch Finances:
Access to ranch financial records; desire to prepare a realistic budget for current & future fiscal years. Budget committee has requested reviewing expense receipts and a member sent certified letter requesting copies of selected ranch financial documents - neither request was fulfilled.
2) Ranch Records: Financial, historical and other records should be stored in the Records building and members desiring access to records should be provided access in a timely manner. (As of now, we're not sure where all the records are kept.) Selected members on the ranch should be authorized to possess keys and provide access to records upon request.
3) Ranch water: Paying for a water operator vs. owners voluntarily performing water operator duties. Creating a Water Oversight Committee to insure that water tests are performed as required by TCEQ and that the water system is carefully maintained and running smoothly.
We agreed the first three topics all tied back to the first topic…. the Ranch Finances. The committee will pursue all avenues to gain lawful access to the Ranch financial records
Refer to Texas Property Code, Title 11, Sec.209.005 Association Records and FCRA Bylaws:
“Section 5.06 - Books and Records. The corporation shall keep correct and complete books and records of account and shall also keep minutes of the proceedings of its Members, Board of Directors, and committees having any of the authority of the Board of Directors, and shall keep at the registered or principal office a record giving the names and addresses of the members entitled to vote. All books and records of the corporation may be inspected by any Member or his agent or attorney for any proper purpose at any reasonable time.
4) Notice of board and special meetings:
Meeting notice to members needs to comply with Bylaws and TX State Law. Secretary needs to have access to members' contact information for this purpose. Also, minutes of ALL meetings, BOD - Special - and Exec. Session - need to be taken and retained for any members to view upon request.
Members at this meeting agreed they would contact all owners and interview each one to update contact information and develop the best method to keep each owner informed. Feedback will be sought concerning all mentioned topics.
Refer to Texas Property Code, Title 11, Sec. 209.0051 OPEN BOARD MEETINGS(e)
5) Campground Regulations Update: A committee was formed to review and update, as needed, the camping procedures and regulations. Need to review these, present to members for comment and have member and/or BOD vote to approve and implement.
We are asking for owner feedback to add to the committee’s recommendations to the Board of Directors. The Board will act soon with all recommendations. Your input is important. Submit your thoughts and we will pass them on. Go to email@example.com or go to the website
and fill out your suggestions.
6) Front pasture open to horses:
Need to research and present report on suggested procedures and oversight of horses potentially being kept in the front pasture. Also wish to present to members for their input prior to a vote by members and/or BOD.
Again, go to firstname.lastname@example.org and / or go to www.friocielo.com
Submit your thoughts and we will pass them on.
7) Changing voting process to a Secret ballot:
Voting by secret ballot might encourage owners to more easily vote their conscience, rather than be concerned about confidentiality of their vote(s).
We will create a new page on website that references the current law. This will help owners and Board members ….it will be educational.
Texas Property Code, Title 11, Sec. 209.0058(d) BALLOTS
(a) Except as provided by Subsection (d), any vote cast in an election or vote by a member of a property owners' association must be in writing and signed by the member.
Subsection (d) allows the membership to elect anonymous ballots.
(d) A property owners' association may adopt rules to allow voting by secret ballot by members of the association. The association must take measures to reasonably ensure that:
(1) a member cannot cast more votes than the member is eligible to cast in an election or vote; and
(2) the association counts every vote cast by a member that is eligible to cast a vote.